Summer School on Reinforcement Learning
ACAI Summer School on Reinforcement Learning
7 - 14 October 2017
Sponsored by EurAI
Organising Committee Members
- Robert Babuska, TUDelft
- Ann Nowe, Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- Karl Tuyls, University of Liverpool
7 October 2017 till 14 October 2017
+ optional introduction to Reinforcement Learning on 5th and 6th of October 2017
In this summer school we want to go beyond the basic introduction to RL and cover the more advanced topics as well, as it is exactly these more innovative subjects which have resulted in the recent successful applications of RL in areas such as robotics and computer games.
Following topics will be covered:
- RL & function approximation
- RL & speed up through demonstrations, shaping and inverse RL
- RL & exploration and exploitation aspects (including some theoretical results on regret bounds)
- RL for Multi-agent systems
- RL & Deep learning
- RL & batch and policy search approaches
- Recent applications of RL
We opt for a location which offers full board, to create a real team spirit. Participants (who don't attent the 2 introdutory days) are expected to arrive on Saturday afternoon, October 7th, in the evening we will organize a social get together. On Sunday morning we plan a poster session by the participants, and in the afternoon an excursion. The actual lectures will start on Monday morning. Lecturers have been asked to include demonstrations and hands on exercises, wherever possible. We also explore the possibility of a friendly contest amongst the participants. The school will be finished by Friday evening, but the accomadtion remains available till Saturday morning.
- Lucian Busoniu, Technical University of Cluj-Napoca
- Victor Lesser, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Remi Munos INRIA Lille and Google DeepMind
- Jan Peters, Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems
- Doina Precup McGill University
- Hado van Hasselt, Google DeepMind
The accommodation provides two bedroom apartments shared by 2 people (i.e. individual rooms). http://www.florealgroup.be/en/page/nieuwpoort-en.html
Nieuwpoort is easy to reach by public transport. The necessary information will be provided the the participants.
The registration fee 670 euro. This registration fee includes full board accomodation form October 7th till October 14th in a 2 bedroom apartement shared by two participants (i.e. individual rooms).
We also provide a very basic introduction for those students with zero background in RL. This will be optional, and organised on the Thursday and Friday before the school.The extra cost will be +/- 100 euro to cover the costs of the 2 extra days of full board accommodation.
Please mail to: Lara Mennes, email@example.com, if you want to be informed of the opening of the registrations. Please note the places will be limited. Applications should include : short motivation, 1 page cv and recommendation letter of supervisor (in case of students).