Job Offer: Lifelong Learning & Training Coordinator
Artificial Intelligence Lab Brussels
The Artificial Intelligence Lab of the VUB is looking for a highly motivated collaborator to join its project team and work on the development and organisation of industry training and lifelong learning programmes in Artificial Intelligence.
The cross-faculty Artificial Intelligence Lab consists of three research groups. The Artificial Intelligence Lab was founded in 1983 by Prof. Dr. Luc Steels. It is internationally renowned for its research in reinforcement learning and multi-agent systems, grounded natural language understanding (including the evolution of language and speech) and computational creativity. The Data Analytics Lab combines fundamental and algorithmic expertise with a profound business understanding. Our research has a business-oriented systems approach, with ML and AI applications in finance, transport and logistics operations. The Digital Mathematics Research Group specializes in applied mathematics based on a solid foundation of interplay with various areas of pure mathematics. The focus lies on the mathematical foundations for digital data acquisition, representation, analysis, communication, security and forensics. The combined AI expertise of the consortium provides a unique range in AI topics and broad experience with AI applications in all industrial sectors. The consortium consists of around 60 researchers, of which 14 professors, and has had more than 20 applied projects in collaboration with industry partners over the last years. Its main application areas are cyber-physical systems, human-computer interaction and business analytics.
Duties and responsibilities
- You organise the seminars, trainings and other educational initiatives provided by the AI Lab;
- You coordinate the participation of the AI Lab and its members to external initiatives (e.g. Flemish Permanent Education) and align them with the overall lifelong learning programme;
- You work together with the Manager of the AI Experience Center to organise the seminar, training and other various events (eg: open days, public seminar) in the AI Experience Center.
Lifelong Learning Programme development:
You participate in the development of the VUB AI Lab lifelong learning programme & training initiative.
- Together with the project team, you work on the general strategy of the project and help define the objectives, resources to be invested and actions to be taken;
- You participate to internal workshops and follow-up on advancement of the project;
- You organise and participate to internal and external meetings:
- To develop the cooperation between the AI Lab and external actors of the AI Ecosystem;
- To present the offer and lifelong learning programme both to external organisations as well as within the VUB (internal training programme);
- You write reports on the developments and advancement of the project.
- You answer the emails and calls of potential clients in a professional and friendly manner;
- You follow up and manage the existing clients’ portfolio;
- You prospect potential clients through various communication channels (email, phone, at dedicated events, etc).
- You write offers, invoices and follow up on contracts related to the trainings and lifelong learning programme.
- You organize our internal research meetings (weekly presentation of our researchers to members of the Artificial Intelligence Lab);
- You invite external speakers and plan visits to other labs and relevant places;
- You organise and coordinate the participation of the project team to various events, fairs, conferences and other external events.
PR and Communication:
- You coordinate the PR and communication actions related to the training and lifelong learning programmes;
- You update and manage the related content on the website (WordPress).
Education: Bachelor or Masters’ Degree
Experience: at least a first successful professional experience in one of the following fields:
- Project Development; Event Coordination; Public Relations;
- Or any activity or profession in the fields of Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Data, Innovation, Digital Transformation (research, consultancy, business, etc).
- You are highly organized, work well in team and possess good communication skills;
- You can work efficiently with Office 365 (Sharepoint, Outlook, Office) and other team collaboration tools;
- Knowledge of Wordpress, CRM and Mailing Tools (Hubspot, MailChimp) is a plus;
- You are a fast learner and can adapt easily to a new environment;
- Sociable, you are at ease to talk in public.
- Fluency in Dutch and English;
- Working proficiency in French is a plus.
Salary, advantages & start date
- A full-time position (38h/week) in the dynamic Artificial Intelligence Research Group of the VUB;
- A competitive salary aligned with your seniority;
- Reimbursement of transportation costs in their totality;
- Privileged access to the campus facilities (restaurant, sport facilities, activities, etc).
Start date: March 16th.
Download a printable version here.
The position is to be filled as soon as possible and immediately available. Exact starting date can be negotiated.
Interested in joining our group? Please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com before February 29th, 2020.
Teaching and research at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel are founded on the principle of unfettered inquiry to benefit the progress of mankind. This means rejecting dogmatic positions and guaranteeing the freedom to form opinions without interference; in this way the University aims to ensure the dispersal of the principle of unfettered inquiry throughout society. The University is autonomous and democratically run. This means guaranteeing the exercise of the fundamental freedoms within the University, as well as the right of the University Community to participate in the decision-making process and scrutiny of University policy.