Artificial Language Evolution on Autonomous Robots (ALEAR)
ALEAR is a tightly focused project in which the emergence and evolution of language is studied within a "whole systems approach". This means that we model the complete chain going from robotic embodiment and sensori-motor processing to conceptualization and language. Each project partner brings in specific know-how and expertise in order to achieve these integrated experiments. ALEAR has chosen three specific domains which will be investigated: space, tense-aspect, and event structure.
- Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Germany
- Sony Computer Science Laboratory Paris, France
- Universität Osnabrück, Germany
- Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain
- University Alexandru Ioan Cuza of Iasi, Romania
- Review of the Myon robot, developed during the ALEAR project